View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 02:43 PM   #11
projectking

Re: Frame paint options

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupo View Post
I don't know what to say. Aluminum pigmented moisture cured permanent rust sealer/primer was developed by Mo Bay chemical in the mid-seventies for bridges. When I worked in the industry I sold it regularly. This sealer primer with a polyurethane topcoat would run thousands of hours of salt spray with very little or no rust creepage if there was creepage it would be less than 1/32 of an inch. Polyester urethane. Has 10 times the chemical and acid resistance that he automotive line. It was used on subway cars all over the country.

Now you work in a body shop how many different paints did you see in a body shop? I would say probably maybe 10 different coating systems. I had to deal with a lot more than that. Go to the thread titled had to make an older restoration quickly you'll see a picture of 2 tablets one with your epoxy and one with the permanent rust sealer and see the difference. Each panel has 3 coats It downloaded Im a computer whiz
Starts with M and ends in T...for not wanting to name a name you sure did a **** job of hiding what’s written! Sorry but there’s no $99 Mastercoat chassis kit going on anything I own or build.
90 Mustang Notchback
projectking is offline   Reply With Quote