View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: SAS Suburban Pipe Dream

Yeah, like I said it's a pipe dream. Might happen (money), might not (reality). Each vehicle is just a part of the big pipe dream. If I could have things the way I want I'd have the 'Burb how I described, would also want a winch/bumper, headers and true duals down both sides of frame just like earlier trucks, and I really want buckets and console. I loved my old regular cab '92 K3500 with buckets for the comfy cockpit feel in a work truck. That's my office, man! Did I mention an LS coupled to the 4L80E? Either that or go the other way with one of my old 350s or 327s coupled to 4spd/205. Go totally mechanical!

So, that would be sittin' around the shop for GP and an economical up and down the road truck for work or save gas money. Both are going into a new dimension for me. I have always put a lot into my work trucks and don't know what good gas mileage is...other than my Harley. I'd like just a 2wd C1500 V6/5spd. I mean a deal on a 4wd would be nice. But, I kinda want to cross this line and go real baseline.

With the rack on the 'Burb the '72 will be relieved from duty, except for back-up. And, once I get the other truck it will be back to no racks and only chores. Then I can get as deep into it as I want. That is the big goal with trucks for me.

I also have a little short bed '67 2wd project in waiting. I want that to be it for 67-72s so I can get into other stuff I always wanted to. But that can be another post in my pipe dream. I kinda snuck the shop in there. That is high on the list and hopefully not a dream. I have to decide to stay here a while and build one or wait till the next place and sooner. Might find one with shop.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote