View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #739
Billhilly

Re: post up your camping pics

Nearly two years since I had some decent truck/road trip photo's to put up. Daughter in Switzerland was back on home turf, younger daughter said yes as well so I wrangled a week off and made a few phone calls. New Zealand, especially the North Island is incredibly limited with public off road opportunities. Not like you Diesel! Anywho, with the limited days we had, I decided to run up the East Coast, an area I'd never been to as the highway cuts North further inland. (The red lines are the small off road bits).

We headed off the main route North at Masterton. You head out into rolling hills, all sheep and beef farms, and forestry. I tried to stay as East as possible the whole way up.

Compusary stop at the longest place name in the world (Woo)! Say it after me now.....

And onto our first beach/night. Porangahau is a small settlement with pub, gas station, shop sort of a deal. Typical of all the beaches up this way. We managed to avoid the crowds.....

And the Kiwi staple, fish and chips! On the beach, on the back of the GMC. Does it get any better?

Attached Images