View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 11:15 AM   #855
First c10

Re: Project 68 k10 LWB..aka "The Hulk"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman72 View Post
Awesome truck first c10. I have been in the market for some new shocks for my 71 k10.I have a 6” rough country lift and it rides like a log wagon.I know these trucks ride rough but do you think those shocks you are using would make the ride better.
Good morning bm72
Thank you for the kind words....
Trucks are trucks put a rough ride stinks.(but your springs are ROUGH Country's hahaha) I contacted bilstien directly as they make shocks with different valving. These are fixed nitrogen charge shocks that can be converted to be adjustable or you can step up a level and get them from bilstien that can be charged to your liking but $$$$.

This might help but I would call them as they helped me when I was making my decision. Of course I haven’t driven the truck so I really don’t know how they work or feel.
https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/produ...54861479982800

I have the Bilstein B8 5165’s they are valved the same way at all four corners 700 compression and 2550 recoil. They are however a custom length as the ones for our trucks were too long for my application since I have all the custom mods. I have Tuff Country Softrides springs up front and stock k20 springs with ORD shackle flip kit in the rear with the overload and 1 spring removed. Like I said earlier I have not driven the truck yet so I am not sure how they will work together.
Let me know what you end up with and I hope I was of some help.
1970 C10 Yellow/White Deluxe LWB w/ 5.3L-LC9/6L80E
1968 K10 LWB Dark green my son calls it "THE HULK Jr"HULK JR *SOLD*
GO GO!!!
First c10 is offline   Reply With Quote