View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #25
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

Nothing really new to report, because i'm still waiting on suspension parts and real life stuff. (Gotta love working in Quality Assurance during audit season).

So as i'm driving to and from work or sitting on an airplane going to the next audit site, you've got that free time to think about the build because i want to keep going and don't want it to stall too much. I've had 2 thought running through my head on directions to go while i'm waiting for my parts:

1. Start putting the engine together... or

2. Get the rear axle into shape...

I'm starting to like #2. the axle is a f*&d 8.8 out of a wrecked 03 explorer w/ 113k mi on it. I'd still like to pop open the diff and see what condition the gears are in, and of course start taking the OE brackets off and begin to update the brake system.

Now if i do this, I'm going to need to find some space in the garage. This has become a bit of a sore spot with the lil' woman. We've been going back and forth on the direction as she wan't to have the ability to park her car. I reply then she shouldn't want all the wood projects and now the truck project too (that she found and picked out I might add). Plus the garage serves as a giant doghouse that she enjoys as well.

So I finally said, "Listen here woman, you get all the rooms in the house and this is my room and I will do as sees fit!"

Well ladies and gentlemen, I can tell you I made a good decision when I bought our current couches for my wife last mother's day. They are very comfy and cozy to sleep on...

Depending on either direction i go above, I'll post pics. Stay tuned...