View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 10:04 PM   #76
Bennett68C10

Re: The Family Truckster- 66 Suburban Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Did not intend to make you feel like an idiot, not my intention, Being tired you can miss stuff and make your work harder, hopefully it I did save you some work and ease your frustration level...I have been building the 60-66 trucks since I was 16, so I know a think or two because I have seen a thing or two...
Karl, I do appreciate the heads up on the inner fender! I just can’t believe I didn’t see that myself! Guess that’s what happens when you have a 8 month old that was sick all weekend and not sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by shearjs View Post
Sounds like a runner! That's going to be fun! My GMC had similar specs to your LS and it would move! Can't wait to see it.
I’m just concerned with the lift on the intake side of .635. I bought this cam a little over 3 1/2 years ago and I was admittedly not that schooled on LS motors at the time. Tick has since redesigned the cam since I got it. I’m guessing the lobe profile they used back then was a little to harsh. I’m probably going to go a little milder as I don’t want my valvetrain to sound like a sewing machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferrante View Post
nice!
Thanks man.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote