View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #5
'69C-10

Re: Drive shaft support bearing breaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artofdeath View Post
When driving do you feel any vibration at all? I would think that if it was shaking bad enough to break the bearing holder you would have felt it. Looks like something substantial to cause the carrier to break like that. Anything changed? Pinion angle?
No vibration at all, not even after the holder broke. Just the sound of the driveshaft scraping against the cross support. I've only had the truck since December, but nothing has changed since I've owned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
the ones for are trucks from 1968 and up look like this this is the bracket the drive shaft all together this gose for 1/2 --1 ton with the slip Joint One peace drive shafts don't have the carrier bearing
I've only seen the bearing I have when I've looked up the parts. My shaft doest have the slip joint like the one you show. In full disclosure this is titled as a '71 and I'm told its a '71 cab and frame with '67 nose and bed. The frame was welded to a short bed, for all I know the back half is from something completely different. Either way, I don't have the provisions to mount the one that you have.

Where the bearing sat over the splines..

'69C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote