View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #63
28TudorAZ

Re: Starting a 52 Chevy 3100 Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
SO much easier to redo them now though if they are tacked on. I redid mine twice. First, to move it forward 1/2". The second time because I made the rear mounts too short and had to add an inch. Keep in mind my first comment, every part of the truck is determined by the front fender and core support placement. The rake of the cab, the position of the rear bed, if the cab is centered on the truck, taking out the S10 "lean" to one side....all done with those front fenders and those four mounts

I should add....going up and down is much easier. You can build little spacers between the cab and the rubber mounts, but you can't make a spacer that puts the cab further forward or backward. I ended up having to put a spacer in my core support to push the front fender up a little. Thankfully, the design of the core support mount allowed for a little movement.
I followed Hussey's design of placement of the mounts but his motor was already in so hopefully when I drop the motor in they move back just a little. I think I am going to try and at least set the motor on the frame this weekend.
28TudorAZ is offline   Reply With Quote