View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #7
LH Lead-Foot

Unhappy Re: GMT900 style caliper / PBR 15 square body question

68C10airstream. I was moving rocks away from the wheat drill at 7. Ran cross-country and track in high school (7K mile club) & cross-country only in college, 5-6 mile courses 5 minute miles, got state mile record for 2A school 4:10. Yeh, knees hurting bad this year and getting worse every month. A boss pulled me off a starter rebuild to run a jumping-jack earth computer in mud for 5 hrs at age 28, pulled all muscles in low back felt like bad sun burn, had 5 surgeries with 4 fusions and now on fire from side to side. We tried radio frequency nerve oblation but didn't work. Fire still there. This project is my daily driver so want to it right once. I am luck to sew interior leather, vinyl with commercial Juki lock-stitch that has Alum. oil pan If you make patterns from cheap vinyl upside down, mark & cut exactly, the rest is up to your machine skills. I put a shaft and pulley system to reduce speed as it ran like a weed eater on WOT. Elbows shot, pinched nerves the one bad arthritic finger. Other wise fine. I have a 33 yr. old son who can help, but doesn't learn technical well like electrical, but can help. It is like they say...
Getting old is hell, but it beat the alternative!
Just wish I could earn that pay check again..at least for a while. Pain sucks!!
Got wheels yesterday and tires next month. Best of luck with your project.