View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 08:13 AM   #11
PGSigns

Re: bad handling / driving characteristic after Camaro subframe ! What is wrong ?

Here's a couple of things I see. The lower arms with the bags that far forward need to be trussed. They will bend. The forward location and the high bag pressure will kill the ride quality. I would put shock waves on it if it were mine. What bag pressure was it aligned at and do you drive it at the same pressure? Have you tested the front shocks at ride height to see how much travel you have in both directions. They look like they may be to long. Have you looked at the bag length at ride height both front and rear? If they are on the short side of the recommended install height that can hurt the ride. Now on the alignment it has just 2 degrees of caster and 3 would be better. Now it looks like it has more camber in it than the spec of 1 degree and they were able to get it close on both sides but not able to get it down to 1 degree. This makes me think the clip may be up a little high. The tires are showing both under inflation wear and what looks like camber wear. I would put a new set on it and get it back on the alignment rack. Heres where you need an alignment guy that knows a bit about performance or race cars. Have him put it on the rack and do a camber gain test on the truck. Do 2" lower than ride height, 1", ride height and plus 1" and plus 2". This will tell you what the camber gain is through the travel that you use for most driving. During this test you will also get the bump steer numbers. With this information you can work out whats up with the front end. Here is a page on the first gen Camaro that has a good bit of information on tuning the front.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote