View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 05:30 PM   #13
ACII

Re: bad handling / driving characteristic after Camaro subframe ! What is wrong ?

Hello Jimmy

and thx for ur time and great feedback..

The car was aligned with around 4 bar (58 psi)...and i do drive it at that pressure.
Unfortunately i cannot drive with much less pressure...because the truck is sitting in general very low and i almost scratch the ground with for example around 54 psi...
So that means the bags starting to lift the truck mainly at around 52 -54 psi

During the upcoming weekend i will take some pics of the truck on the ground at riding height..

I think it is quite important that u see how the bag and shocks located respectively sitting at ride height.

Currently i am not really sure what you mean with the "forward location" ?????

What do you guess would be a normal air pressure for a nice / good ride quality for that kind of truck with a light aluminum LS1 engine.. ???

In my opinion the subframe is not installed at the right position. The truck is sitting generally too low.
As a countermeasure i am going to buy some bigger wheels.. currently i have installed 16 inch wheels....the plan is go for 20.

Furhtermore i am thinking about to buy some turntables and caster /camebr gauges to start playing with the alignment by myself..

What do you think about that..is it worth the money ????

Also i am thinking about to install some adjustable upper a arms ... can u recommend that stuff ??
TO be honest that kind of a arms dont look trusworthy...

Regarding the shocks ... i already drove the car without shocks at all..the riding quality was still the same..

Hope to hear from you soon again :-)
Thanks a lot in advance

CU
Achim
ACII is offline   Reply With Quote