View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 06:25 PM   #16
greentruck

Re: LS into a 72 GMC

I didn't know about that Lo Max np205 upgrade kit with the adapter. Pretty cool but way to late for me. I've already got the advanced adapters tail shaft and housing on the back of the 4L80e. I would have definitely considered it if I had known about it. I'll know more when I mock it all up. I don't think moding the 205 shifter will be a problem.
As for the Fitech product, I think that intake and other hardware is made in china. I've seen what appears to be the same intake all over the internet lately with different company names on it but its place of origin is china. And it IS only DBC and not wire. I'm about a month out from needing my electrical components so Im going to sit back and watch because I have heard zero feedback as well. The only other "self learning " set ups that I know of are the Holley that you mentioned and I just learned that FAST has one as well. Both are pricey but have good reputations and tech support. Im definitely going self learn ecm because I think it will do what I need it to. Its a big heavy 4x4. Im not trying to shave hundredths off an 1/8 mile track time.
Nice looking motor!