View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #21
hewittca

Re: Detroit Steel Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
I like these wheels well enough and especially if the wheel can fit the original dog dish hubcaps - (though I realize that is not yet the case with these without modifications).

I still use my truck mostly as a truck though and on occasion will travel to the brickyard and pick up a cubic yard of some sand or granite aggregate or clay bricks or pavers.

So I wonder what the load rating is on these wheels - I hope it will be at least what is stated on our OEM load capacity tag..(though I don't recall that figure for a C-10 with HD rear springs.. guessing 1,100 lbs.? (why they call it a half-ton?)
I'm not sure specifically on the load rating for these, but I'm sure it's more than enough to do some hauling. I've seen quite a few people hauling stuff with their plain steel wheels. I'm running transits which are very similar in construction and they are DOT approved (as are the Mobsteel wheels) and I haul stuff all the time no problem. The wheels are constructed in a very similar fashion to the stock wheels on our trucks. Much more important than the wheels ability I think is making sure your low profile tire is up to the task.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote