View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #16
slow4dr

Re: TCI to start new R&D Project with a C10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARBOXGARAGE View Post
It's awesome that you are keeping with the ideology that 1/2 ton trucks need 1/2 ton truck rated suspension/steering components. Others seem to think MII spindles are sufficient, but let's face it, they were designed for cars that barely tipped the scale past 2,000 lbs. Not to mention the wheel bearings, which I brought up in a conversation recently with another vendor. The conversation seem to go down hill when I started mentioning L10 life for the bearings and how they are over loaded by 150% when ran on a truck weighing in close to 3k. Keep up the great engineering work, I'm quickly becoming more and more of a TCI fan!
Our chro-moly pins have proved themselves pretty well over the years. For instance our Road Race Camaro weighs in at 3800 lbs with driver. That car has 8 years of complete and total abuse and not so much as even basic maintenance done to it. It still has the original grease in the original bearings. We know though that the C10 is a different monster all together.

Something that struck us as odd is the OEM C10 spindle pin is smaller than the MII pin. So basically the I/D of the C10 bearing is smaller than the MII bearing. Although the C10 bearings are larger overall, both width and O/D. If GM felt the pin was suffeciently strong enough, who are we to argue? We will base our new spindle pin dimensions off the OEM pin. Ours will just be made out of Chro-Moly. This way replacement parts like rotors and bearings will also be OEM.

-J
slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote