View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 11:05 PM   #1
fastpace

Convert factory radio to digital

Wanted to post this for anyone who hasn't seen them before, but I finally installed my factory radio which I had sent in to Gary Tayman quite some time ago for conversion to digital. I've made it a point to make my truck have modern features, but look like factory. This has probably been one of the best upgrades to stick to that mindset. I sent him the original AM radio from my truck, and I got back a radio with AM/FM/Line in/Bluetooth. The sound has been pretty good, I installed a single dual voice coil speaker in the middle of the dash so it's never going to be amazing with my setup, but the audio is clear and crisp. It's great being able to have all the modern options for audio source. I also like that all the mechanical portions of the radio work as originally designed (tuner, presets, volume, etc)

http://www.taymanelectrical.com/

Don't worry, I cleaned up the wiring more after this picture.
1972 C10 LWB Highlander Dark Olive/White - Work in progress 5.3/6L80e, Accuair e-level, Porterbuilt Stage 1 front and Stage 2 rear, Wilwood 14"F 13"R, Vintage Wheel Works V40 18x8/18x11, and more... Build Thread
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote