View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #89
hewittca

Re: Introduction, nostalgia, and '68 build, oh my

Since having the truck back at home, I've been working on a few small things at night, trying to work out a few bugs since doing the shortbed conversion. Surprisingly, the only "issue" I had as a result of the whole shortening process was a squeaky carrier bearing/bushing. One other aesthetic thing I wanted to take care of was the rear step bumper position. I kind of like this simple step bumper over the idea of replacing it with a sport bumper, but I never really liked how low it was. This became even more evident after raising the floor that opened up a gap below the tailgate.

So, after raising the frame 2.5", I thought instead of dropping the bumper to compensate for this, I would just raise the bumper up with the frame. Now the bumper is tucked up as high as it will go (without interfering with the tailgate operation). I think it looks much cleaner this way.

After taking care of the bumper, I had a chance to take it out for another drive and snap a few new photos. It's still not done yet but it's fun to take some pics, especially when my son is so excited to go out driving and play in the truck once we find a dirt road to stop on.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote