View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 05:53 PM   #26
Maximus

Re: Maximus's 1972 K5 Blazer 4X4 Build Thread

I got my seat back from the upholster, need a couple replacement screws for the brackets, but its going to look great in the back of my k5.

BEFORE :

AFTER:
New belts, paint, arm rests, custom foam and replacement upholstery!

Also got my Retrosound Model 2 radio (I think its being replaced by the Long Beach?)
FYI, there are apparently two different bezel options now with the 67-72 trucks, mine didnt extend to the arms, only surrounded the display, and extends alot more into the cab. i like it! helps keep it even with the knobs alot more! but I dont know if retrosound still offers this bezel... (contacted Retrosound, apparently my bezel is the corvette bezel, #108, they used to package it with the 67-72 truck radios but no longer do? The 108 bezel is available at this site, or obviously with the "corvette" head units....
https://www.retromanufacturing.com/p...ant=7979753859 the standard 67-72 unit is "119" wich is weird, since 119 was in my part number.....)

my unit part number is RetroSound M2CB-119-03-73

Here is mine placed in my K5, not wired yet but sitting in the dash.

Oh, and I almost forgot! I finally tracked down a set of square body 15x8 Rally "Rallye" rims, thanks to John H.
Will be a while before I refinish them and get tires, but glad I got my hands on a set. I like these alot more than the OEM 67-72 steel wheels, and they are ALOT more affordable, due to the 20 years they made em! WIN-WIN!

Last edited by Maximus; 06-09-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote