View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #1
pritch

My truck is smarter than I am

Ever since I've had 'Ol Green, I've never had a minutes trouble. I would not hesitate to drive across country and not bring a tool. Starts on the coldest of days, and runs cool on the hottest. Never has missed a beat.

So yesterday I'm getting a load together for a dump run. I pretty much had a bed full of junk, including two big storm windows that didn't fit anymore after changing out the windows on the house. I wanted to put them on top of the load so they would keep everything else weighed down, so I leaned them against the side of the truck while I loaded everything else up.

Well, mission creep being what it is, after I had all the easy stuff loaded up I decided to fully clean out the garage, so I had to move my car outta the way. But first, I had to move the truck. Jumped in and turned the key and crank crank crank and nuthin'! WT?? Tried choking it (I had already been to town-it was fully warmed up) tried no choke. Tried pumping the pedal, tried holding it to the floor. Dang thing just would not start. After at least 5 minutes of trying, it finally decided it had warned me enough and started up. I drove up to the top of the driveway and when I got out to walk back down, sure enough there was those two storm windows laying in the driveway shattered in a million pieces.

My truck is smarter than I am.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote