View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 01:19 PM   #23
Blazerowner

Re: LS Swap Crossmember choices

The engine is in and seems to fit fine. It is pretty far forward but clears everything. I'm in the process of doing the wiring and installing a vintage air kit. The old AC unit is all out so I have much more room. The front accessory drive kit clears the fans. I would say about 3-4 inches. I had to elongate the holes on the frame about 1/2 inch but otherwise it was bolt in. I have hooker 2.5" Manifolds and bought their adapters for a 73 up truck. Those fit but in reverse. So the O2 sensor are pointing inboard instead of out. I will have to move it because it will hit the tranny. Not very cost effective but I hate the shops around here and I don't have access to an exhaust bender. I'll get more photos of it when I get a chance.

I have my lift all done as well. It's a 3" from ORD. It lifted the truck a lot from the old saggy springs that were original to the truck. I don't have an exact picture showing the clearance from the pumpkin other than the attached photo, but it's a lot higher and will not get close to it. A 2.5 lift would probably be plenty. I also had to change out the ORD tie rod for the steering. Its just too close to the spring. Went back to the stock one with the dropped rod.
Attached Images

Last edited by Blazerowner; 03-23-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote