View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
imsuchaman55

Re: Project racing $$$. 1968 GMC SWB 5.3/4l60E Build

Not too much progress. I got the engine and transmission bolted together and mocked up in the truck. Looks like I need to clearance the little lip where the firewall and tunnel meet, but not too much. I am supposed to be getting my motor adapter plates and tranny mount today. The P.O. had an aftermarket tranny crossmember in there, so once I bolt my adapter plates on I will see where it will end up sitting, and check clearances. It looks like it is angled back quite a bit, but then other pics Ive seen show them angled back also. Anyone know how much they should be angled, if any at all? Just so I know if I need to shim the tranny mount up to level it out.

I was able to get some exhaust manifolds from a non-egr truck, so next is to mock those up and clearance the frame as needed, then pull it all back out and start on the wiring.

I am also going to fabricate an aluminum engine cover that covers everything, from valve cover, over intake and other valve cover. All one Piece. I like how the LS guys have them that cover the coils, but dont like the escalade covers, and cant find anyone that makes them for the 5.3. I started working on the template the other day, and think I can get something that is pretty badass.
imsuchaman55 is offline   Reply With Quote