View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #207
brontotx

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
No clicking...... I did however find this wire unhooked any ideas on where it should go? It has power when the key is on??? Filled the gas can that im using for the return line while tring to start the truck....

FB72: that connector appears to be the EAC (electric air control) solenoid wire connector, which controls the air pump diverter valve. If you aren't running an air pump, no big deal - it can be left unconnected.

I say it "appears to be the EAC" since the connector in your picture looks exactly like the one on my '87 TBI harness (which has an operable air pump and diverter valve), however, your tan or yellow wire is not the same as my pink w/ black stripe wire - the color differences could be due to different model year harnesses. The yellow or tan wire (or pink/black in my case) should be the one with 12V+ with respect to ground when ignition is on (for clarity - I'm talking about probing the connector when removed). The brown wire is the same color as mine and you can confirm this is the EAC wire by checking continuity between the brown wire and terminal C2 on the smaller (24 pin, not 32 pin) of the two ECM connectors. Good luck.

Mark
brontotx is offline   Reply With Quote