View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 06:30 PM   #102
McDeezl

Re: '72 GMC long/fleet in Ottawa area

Wrist is improving well enough to do what I could with 1.5 hands and being careful .... no drills, impacts, etc.
Got the upper trim done and it came out pretty well. Was a bit stressed by that one as all of the prep, paint lines and holes come down to this one-shot deal to put them on but they came out as planned and pleasantly surprised that the 3M adhesive anchors fit the trim flush to the panel and no gap. Upper trim on this one is the spring clip anchors at leading and trailing edge with adhesive for all the rest in between. Also managed to get the horn problem with my steering column sorted out and working properly. Well documented here in other threads but the Grant wheels with their adapter and that whole wire-barrel pin-spring setup is just a big bag of trouble it seems. Was shorting to ground somewhere inside so had to pull it all apart and figure that out but all good and works as it should now. A good job for 1.5 hands and get it off the 2do list!
Took it out for a spin around the neighborhood which felt really good to be honest. Longest run its had since this whole project began so at least got a couple of kilometers on and wife joined me for the ride so we had a good laugh.
Still have the tailgate to do but part of that is cut/buff and drill holes for trim and wrist isn't quite there yet, another few weeks maybe. They put a plate with 8 screws in there and don't really want to go back to square one with that.
Attached Images