Thread: 55.2-59 56 Chevy truck TCI
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 01:33 AM   #24
jeffs56

Re: 56 Chevy truck TCI

Hey guys little update on my suspension. Me and my 10 year old have been driving the truck to local hangouts and cruises. The turning issue is fixed. But I’m noticing a very rough ride. I have the TCI pro touring kit on it. The coils are set for the truck to sit as low as it can. So the only adjustment I have is to crank the nut on the coilovers but that would raise my truck up. I like the way it sits now so not sure how much it would lift it. Also I only have 2 inches of shaft outside of the shock body and when it’s jacked up it’s about 4-4.5 inches. TCI said that is fine. That doesn’t seem like very much travel to me. I have 500# springs which they said is very common for the 55-59. I have the knob on the shock all the way counterclockwise for the softest and it still rides hard. When you hit a bump you can definitely fill it. I have 245/45/17 tires on it. I called and talked to TCI and they said everything sounds fine. He told me to try unhooking the sway bar to see if that fixes it just in case it’s binding. Any suggestions on what I should check or do would be very appreciated. Thank you
jeffs56 is offline   Reply With Quote