View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #38
MCB Matt

Re: Vintage air - huge sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGW View Post
why PM people the price? why not uplaod a price sheet so we can see what the pricing is?

PMs seem like you want to hide the cost from others.
There is a very simple answer to that. The majority of manufactures in this business have a pricing policy called MAP which stands for Minimum Advertised Price.

This price for most is either RETAIL or 5% off retail. If I publish a price here on the forum below those prices I will be in violation of MAP.

I have been a top 10 Vintage Air dealer for almost 10 years, among MANY other major brands.

If you look through the ad's here in the forums you will notice, most sellers do not post prices, this, simply, is the reason.

We offer great prices but we don't give stuff away...

Beware of guys who do give stuff away or tooo good to be true deals.. There was a guy over on Pro-Touring.com which is a site we have been on for years and we are the top vendor there. He was doing that and figured out he was making no $$ so he decided to KEEP the $$ and not ship the parts or ship only some of the parts... It ended VERY VERY ugly with the guy fleeing to Canada and some guys out over $100,000 (he built cars as well)

Be an informed buyer, look at websites, other forums, call the manufacture of the brand you want to buy real quick and ask about the vendor...

Don't just drop your money without doing even just 10-15 minutes of research first. We have been in biz for 13 years and have developed very unique relationships with most of the major brands in the business as we never cause them issues, we deliver as promised to our customers and have not ONCE "ripped off" a customer by not shipping their parts or not shipping what they ordered.

There may be others on the forum who will do dirty business, sell things TOO cheap, ect... That means they are HUNGRY for business, we are not.

We LIKE to do business and we do so in many different venues from carshows, ebay, forums, website, local retail, ect... We are very comfortable where we are and our reputation speaks to our quality of customer service before AND after the sale.

We deal with hundreds of shops that buy exclusively from us for their builds as well as do it yourselfers that will do a full build with us as we sell just about every brand out there... all the way to a one time purchase of a door mirror!!

I hope this puts the pricing question, as well as a little more about the classic parts market in perspective.

Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com
Email: forums@mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
MCB Matt is offline   Reply With Quote