View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #17
Mikestone

Re: 68 C10 Yellow wire from firewall to starter/coil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
I know the posts are a little old and I may be reviving this... But almost all of my questions have been answered by reading this. I just have a question about my one wire alternator setup. Just a little background info, this is for my k20 suburban, originally an I6 which the previous owner converted to a V8 with HEI and the one wire alternator. (All of it is a hack job that I am attempting to rescue) The HEI wasn't setup even remotely correct (which I can now fix from what I read here, thank you), the one wire alternator is the next issue, and if there's anyone who has advice on clutch linkage from an I6 to a V8 I'd be happy to hear what you have to say.

ANYWAY, the alternator currently just has a 2 gauge wire coming off of the top stud that goes to the positive post of the battery. The regulator, or the hack job and splicing bonanza that's left seems questionable at best as well. Basically, I'm looking for some advice on what to hook up to get a charge going from the alternator and what should still be utilized from the external regulator.
Mikestone is offline   Reply With Quote