View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 12:09 AM   #49
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Sweet build! Did you figure out the regulator mounting yet? I mounted mine to the back of the fuel rail.
Thanks Rob! I've been through a few of your build threads and love them and I've even pointed a few people towards the ChubTubz ...

I haven't quite figured out the regulator yet. Your option is very interesting, I hadn't thought of putting it straight on the fuel rail. I'll have to see if I've got clearance for something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Very nice build! I went through a similar delima but never considered a complete chassis. I went with a PB Level 1 and c-notch rear.

It's been awhile since I looked at headers but I believe there is a guy on here with a similar setup that used Kook's TBSS long tubes. Since I work at a snails pace and turbo is still an option, I haven't looked into it any further. I did get a quote for custom headers and it was $2500-3000.

My buddy has a set of Boze wheels on his mustang and they are very nice. Wheels are similar to yours.

I recommend Bowler as well. Close to me and that's where I bought my t56 magnum from.
Thanks Ryan! I'm actually following your build too! Was just getting caught up.

I know the thread you are talking about on the headers. Those are on the "trial" list a couple after the current set. I have called a couple shops local in CO and gotten rough estimates between $3200 and $5000 for custom headers. So I'll spend a bit on shipping headers back and forth, since Summit is so good on that stuff, but after 3 or 4 trials, and nothing, I'll probably bite the bullet on custom headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR18 View Post
I like the passenger side mounting for service issues. I like center for appearance issues.
My dilemma exactly! I've come up with a 3rd option today that I'll see what it looks like once a set of headers shows up for trial fit. The 3rd option is putting the regulator down on the frame rail just in front of where the cab firewall would intersect, and the filter on the frame rail farther back under the cab. The regulator would still be easy to get to assuming header tubes aren't in the way (the No Limit frame rails are ~3" wider around the engine vs stock). I'll also check out Hart_Rod's idea too.

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote