View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #23
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Good thing you didn't already buy a flywheel, as that may have changed everything.

Well got the thinking the other day how I really need a beater truck more than this K5 and you could certainly use a clean K5 roller with a nice body. Plus when it comes time to fix the body on your ’75 I’ll probably be the guy doing the body work. That alone made me dreadful

The nice thing is the ’91 is free after you sell the other ’89-’91 front clip you have and scrap what is left of the ’75 once we prune all the goods off of it.

Zoomad’s new chariot

Now, with the ’91 K5 out of my way I’m going to look that this beast sometime this week. Plan to use it as a beater truck as well as a truck to throw my dad’s old slide in wrecker unit into. We really need a wrecker in our circle of friends! Also looking at a '72 Chevy Longhorn in Penrose but this J20 is sooo cheap it would be hard to pass it up even though it needs a little TLC. A few weekends through the Bigassgas Garage this J20 would be a decent beater/work truck.

Supposedly all this J20 needs is a new trans input collar as the release bearing seized on to it.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote