View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #20
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenburb View Post
Nice color Good luck.
Thanks goldenburb, (dig the name..!) the color has really grown on me, and I've been itching to get this on the road before the weather changes.. Hoping any delays are small...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Looking good! Looks like the parts are in pretty good shape overall..... That makes it easier.

LockDoc
Thanks LockDoc,
Always amazed to see/find that after all this time many items look this good. especially as we all have seen the opposite!

Only had an hour or so last night, so I continued with the tear down. My plan was to pull the engine/trans, well... I got close.. Only item left is to remove the drive-shaft and hoist it out which is where I'll start tonight.

Bottom of the core support looks as nice as the top side.

Found where I guess someone's previous tow job may have been exciting.. or simply used this one spot to tie it down? will correct this shortly

Here is where I left off for the night,

If you notice, the steering box is gone, sway bar unhooked etc... this is because I am going to pull the entire front cross member out right after the engine, and swap one I have nearly ready to go in with 5 lug disc brakes, bags, tubular lower control arms, and a beefier sway bar. adding power steering as well.

more to follow..
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote