Thread: no cats
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #13
dadsbrew

Re: no cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1970 View Post
As far as removing the cats, you would have to replace them with pipe in two places. And they are in a kind of out of the way location.
I certainly wouldn't go through that trouble myself for what little gains are to be made. And most shops wouldn't do that for you, or at least can't do it legally.

Another thing, my girlfriends dad (that lives in Kennewick) told me a few years ago that they were pushing for emissions testing statewide by 2010. I never heard about that before then and haven't heard anything since either. It would be worth looking into on your part so you aren't redoing them in a few years.

I agree with the cats, they will only gain you a couple HP, not enough to notice during day to day driving.
Not only are the pushing for state wide testing they are pushing for using California EPA guidelines,

"The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions"
dadsbrew is offline   Reply With Quote