View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #20
Foot Stomper

Re: Paint job cost 1949

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPete View Post
True, I live on a big cattle ranch with a 3/4 mile gravel driveway, there is no way to keep a show quality paint job pristine. I am closing in on paint time, may just paint it myself or possibly send it out for final paint. If I had to pay for all the work I've done I could never recover the cost. Filling speaker holes in doors, replace radio panel, fill many unused holes, sanding, welding etc. I want a nice truck when done but not bad enough to empty my wallet.
I agree guys. There is a challenge however.

We all see fabulous looking paint jobs and very few really and truly understand or can appreciate how much time and money went into them. Just think about the last crappy paint job you saw and try to remember what you thought.... might be something like "wow! such a nice looking (insert vehicle) except the paint job is so crappy!"

So, yes, not everybody needs a show car quality paint job, but most truly are disappointed in the flaws after spending half or 3/4 of what they should have to have had it come out they way they've imagined it.

It's a matter of imagination vs budget. Budget wins everytime. We can all say that a few imperfections are just fine until the job is done and it's all shiny and new looking...except for the imperfections that you have to live with... or can you? If you truly can, fantastic!

How many times have you had an accident/insurance claim on your car and after getting it back looked at the new repairs and compared them to the other parts that weren't repaired and wished they could have just painted the whole car??? Imagination vs Budget.

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote