Thread: 72 Lwb
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
Super73

Re: 72 Lwb

Outlaw,

Do you know the weight of your truck and individual axle weights?

Reason for asking is I'm running a 350lb 14" Hal spring in the front of mine. I had classic performance lowering springs in it before. Only 2 changes were moving the batterey to the rear and the spring change and my 60's on the street went from 2.3x to 2.0x.. I was using my G-tech Pro RR. I feel ok using these times because when I had it with me at the track, the 60's were dead on and the ET read .1 slower than what I went and 1mp slower than what I really went on every pass.

As far as hitting the tires harder, this is the very reason I am making and adjustable front mount for the rear LCA. This will change your instant center of gravity. With my truck, I have figured it to have 80% antisquat. 100% A/S means the rear of the truck will not squat, nor seperate under load. Anything bellow 100% will squat and anything above 100% will seperate.

As the rear seperates, it lifts the rear of the vehicle forcing the rear end itself down and planting the tires. But this can come at a disadvantage. If your front does not raise fast enough (IE spring / shock combo are off) that lifting of the rear will push the front end further down unloading the rear tires just the same.

In order to figure out A/S, you must first know where center of gravity is. You have to have a scale that will let you weight the truck a couple times. Remove your front shocks and put a steel rod in place of it so the spring can't compress. put the front end on and jack the rear up 10". You need the weights of both the truck on the ground and in the air. Then you need the weight of the whole truck. From there there is website I'd be happy to send you that you can input that data and get your A/S numbers.

Last edited by Super73; 01-11-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote