View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #18
Tinker1980

Re: 1989 S-10, wrecked... Scrap or Repair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Well if its gunna coast more than 75% of the trucks value, Then yes its totaled. What insurance company does the other driver have? Some of the cheaper insurance companies will give you a major run around.
And if the insurance company totals it out, and pay you for it. They own that truck, If you want to keep for any reason you will have to make a deal to buy it back. So don't strip it or scrap it until they are finished. If you do you will actually loose value of what they offer.
Has an adjuster from the insurance company looked at the truck yet???
My wife is an insurance agent, and my BIL is an insurance adjuster. I heard alot of horror stories so take my advice and get in touch with the one at faults insurance company.
Someone has already looked at the truck, and they've already declared it a total loss. They are just dragging their feet. They say they will call, and they NEVER call. I have to get ahold of them myself. It's some place called Hallmark Insurance. We've done everything we need to do, they have accepted liability for their driver, they just need to stop stalling and pony up the money so we can get on with life.
Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote