Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #100
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

The thought of replacing the entire AC system was just driving me nuts. Don't get me wrong I have a Vintage Air system in another ride and it is great.

However my whole issue is that the tire at full drop was going to touch the plastic housing as I have shown in previous pics. To solve this I thought why don't I just rotate the blower assembly up out of the way. So after taking it apart and seeing the room I had available I went for it. Got out the sawzall and cut the housing. As you can see in the pics below it is a tight but nice fit.

With the housing in the new location I had to cut out the hole in the firewall larger for the fresh air, and I also welded up the lower portion that was now outside of the housing. I did not take a pic of that, but might tomorrow. So now I have to glass in the new air tunnel. That should be fun! Not!

I know the tire has a ton more room now. I may have to do some small trimming here and there to get it perfect, but this I feel is a much better solution because the factory AC systems on these truck works very good and I wanted to keep as much of the stock system as possible. I might be all wrong on this and if so I will put an aftermarket system in and call it good, but I hope not...
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote