View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #40
Killer Bee

Re: Lift Cylinder Stuck...

do I play on the internet? sure I do, when the work is done.. very healthy sense of humor, keyword healthy..

point is, op returned to his thread after I pointed out some REAL danger he may still not be aware of..

me personally, I would pay attention to that warning and acknowledge it was received, then go back to play..

as for my awareness of his thread three months ago, well, I can't see everything, NOT my job HERE..

for simple comparison, you're averaging 4500 posts per year to my 500, maybe you should have pm'd me?

in reference to the potential hidden energy in large hydraulic cylinders, I had an approx. 18" x 6' cylinder in the shop..

laying on its side, ported a little shop air into the cap end to extend it for inspection..

the red shop towel that was in the rod end port shot up through the aluminum ceiling paneling..

not sure how difficult it is to drive a cotton towel through a piece of sheet aluminum but damn glad no one was in its path..

I've worked with high pressure hydraulic systems upwards of 7200psi frequently in the past..

didn't complete retirement number one and graduate to supervision in my second by ignoring warnings..

I've been touched personally by several deaths in my trade, really hate to see one here that could be prevented..