View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #16
mr48chev

Re: Where is the best place to sell my 53?

Well now that you are a premium member the truck can be officially for sale on here.

To get the best buck out of it presentation is everything no matter where you advertise it though.
That means;
High quality well lit photos showing all aspects of the truck.

Clear views of the truck with no junk or clutter in the background or in front of the truck.
No people in the photos no matter how hot you think your girlfriend is or how great you look in your tank top.

Clean the trash and garbage out and clean it up before taking the photos, no one wants to see your old McDonalds bag on the floor of the truck.

If there are extra parts that go with it display the and take good quality photos to show that. Showing that you have all the parts that you say you do and that they are in the shape you say they are means a lot of difference to the guy or gal who might hook onto the trailer and drive several hundred miles to get it.

Every one of those items comes from seeing an add that didn't do it's best to sell the item.
I don't have the photos on this computer but back 16 years ago when I had bailed out of cars and trucks for a while and was really wanting a sailboat I saw one on Ebay that was the size I wanted and was close enough to be able to go get it. It was on Ebay with a no reserve and the three or four photos were terrible photos taken in poor light. I bid a very low bid and if I got it I got it and if I didn't I didn't. Ended up having the winning bid and when my son and I drove over to measure it to build a trailer for it and check it out it had more value in the extra items that came with it than I what I had paid including a 4-1/2 hp motor that still runs great. I had to pay for about 4 months storage while I got the trailer ready and that cost as much as the boat did.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote