View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #23
cornerstone

Re: I found a baby pigeon

Nice choice. Is it a 5.3 or 6.0? These model / years are nearly bullet proof. I have 3 in service now. My daily is a black 05 GMC , but a single cab short bed with a 4.3. I had searched high and low for months for a low mile clean truck, I would have preferred the 5.3 but I caved in when I looked at this one. With 74k miles and only $5k out the door it was mine that day. Its up to 125k miles now and no issues ever. My wife drives an 03 Tahoe, that one had stoopid low miles when I scooped it up nearly 3 years ago.... 51k verified miles. The elderly couple bought it new to tow their camper. It cost more than I wanted to spend but I figured I found a baby pigeon so I forked over the $8k. It has 102k miles now. This one needed a fuel pump recently. One of my sons drives one of my old work trucks, an 03 rcsb silverado with 4.3, its up to 300k miles now.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote