Thread: Project Swagger
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
matthew79

Talking Project Swagger

Well, I'm not sure if I'm "qualified" to do a build thread, because I'm not actually the one working on my Blazer. I don't really have the time available to work on my Blazer and if I tried it would take years before it was done. Between work and three kids that doesn't leave much left as I'm sure a lot of you know. So instead I took my rig to someone who does this work for a living. He sends me pics and I take pics also when I go and check up on how the work is coming along so I can at least post those because I know we all love pics!

Ok, with that out of the way onto my project! I posted a pic of a Jimmy for sale awhile back and I absolutely loved it. So when I dropped off my Blazer I showed the guy a pic of that Jimmy and told him that was what I was wanting done to mine. Here is a couple pics of that Jimmy:

I know it isn't everyone's style, but I love it! I'm going with a different color though. I chose HOK tangelo. I was at a car show and there was a chevy truck painted tangelo and it looked amazing. It really stood out amongst the other classics. I also think I'll have the top painted body color. I'm not 100% sure on that though. Here is a pic of that tangelo chevy:

Ok, here are pics of my Blazer right after it was media blasted.

There are some rusty areas in the floorboard that seem to be focused in just the rear wheel well area. Somebody covered up the rust with fiberglass..

The blasting also opened up a 3x3 hole of rust in the tailgate right below the handle. I decided just to replace the tailgate with a new one. I also replaced the rear wheel wells and the fronts also. The doors on it were 72 truck doors that were cut to fit. I didn't like that so I got some new Blazer doors also. All the body parts are Goodmark so we'll see how they fit. The guy doing the work says he's never had a problem with Goodmarks..

That's pretty much how the Blazer is sitting at the moment. I think the motor is out now but I don't have pics of that yet. I have been busy getting new parts so here are some of those:

I picked up a 383 stroker.

Here is the motor when I received it. Along with the motor on the pallet is an aluminum radiator, hei distributor, breather, and a red Holley 770 street avenger.

The motor is spec'd at 475 hp and 490 tq. First thing I'm doing when this is done is getting it on the dyno and tuned. Here is a copy of the cam card.

Got some ceramic Hedman headers and flowmaster exhaust kit

Here is the Holley

Electric fans, electric water pump, and a Summit fuel system kit

Found a nice restored tach dash and center console

Here are the wheels that were on the Jimmy from the first pics. They are 22x11 ATX forged TRAX from American Racing. They don't make them anymore, but lucky for me I found a set. They need a good polishing though. My kids have been rolling them around. The tires are 37x13.50x22 Nitto Mudgrapplers and at the price of $500 a piece I'm leaving those for last.

Got a steering wheel from Billet Specialties. It's a 15.5" Chicayne model.
]
Loosely positioned the wheel on the chrome column. Looks pretty good.

I don't have pics of my seats but they are exactly the same things that are in that Jimmy. They are a black and white houndstooth pattern. Heres a couple pics from the Jimmy

I think that's about it for now. I'm lucky enough to live in the same area near Tom (t korinek) so he's been helping me save a few bucks on parts. I'm headed out to the Goodguys show tomorrow to get a few interior parts from him.

Last edited by matthew79; 03-13-2011 at 11:49 AM.
matthew79 is offline   Reply With Quote