View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 04:50 AM   #179
Nick_R_23

Re: Project "You thought yours was bad!" '78 C10 Stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Good attention to detail, and I like how the truck sits. You'll have a lot of fun with it this summer. Also, good job working toward a budget. You'll have a nice truck at a good cost when you are done. BTW, you're killin me with the the pics of the '67 Camaro workbench. I really like that car, even just as it sits now.
Thank you! I'm currently a little over the planned $5000 budget with the Sniper EFI, but I really wanted to try one out, and plus, it's always nice to have something to splurge a little on. Overall though, the EFI kit added about $2000 to the cost of the build. The kit was $1100 (with shipping), and I had the distributor for timing control, the new sending unit, Hydramat, pump, fuel lines, and all the fittings, all which added about another $1000 on top of the kit itself. If I would have stuck to a carb and stock style distributor, I would have had about $3500 into the build at this point. It's definitely still a moderate chunk of change, even for a "budget build"!

And thanks as well on the Camaro! I actually used to drive that car just as it looks. It had a later year 350 small block with a '62 corvette T10 4 speed, and wide Rally wheels. Open headers as well! I pulled and sold the engine and transmission to a guy a year or so ago, who planned to put it in a 38(?) Plymouth I believe, and I was planning on doing an LS swap (6.0L/4L80E) on it along with a full Ridetech suspension. But now I'm more interested in getting the last bit of my house paid off so I can invest in a place with a bigger shop. I'm considering selling off the engine, trans, and other LS swap parts I've collected for it, and getting the brakes and suspension set up a bit better. I have a TH350 that will fit it, and SBC 350's are a dime a dozen. It would be fun to have it back together and on the road again!

I made a bit more progress tonight, I got all the taillights, turn signals, and brake and reverse lights wired in. I've always liked the lights since I put them on, but seeing them all lit up, I'm in love with them! I feel like they give the truck a very old hot rod look in the back. I wish my phone would capture the light better, but here's how they look!

Wiring was pretty simple...not much to look at here!

Taillights/running lights

Brake lights

Reverse lights

Ready for takeoff!

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote