View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 01:19 PM   #71
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Can you cut some material off the trans bellhousing? Sometimes the casting is a lot wider than necessary and you can just shave off a couple inches. Also, a couple 45s in the exhaust pipe should do the trick to clear through the openings, but I'm not quite sure my eyes are seeing the scale correctly to make sure they'd fit.

It's looking pretty good though! Good luck.
Hey, thanks man! The 45s is just the simple thought I was missing. Sometimes you just hit "builders block" (kinda like writers block) and some advice from others gets ya back on track. I'm going to see if the local auto parts stores have some 3" 45s in mild steel to do some trials. On the trans, the passenger side looks to have room to trim, and I thought about that over there. However, the driver side hits right where the screw for the converter cover is, so can't trim the trans that side unfortunately. So drivers side would need a little flattening work on the primary. [edit: haha, after posting, I wonder if I could trim the drivers side tab off and make a new mounting hole for the converter cover]

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.

Last edited by 1971_c10; 02-04-2017 at 01:21 PM. Reason: forgot to include a thought
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote