View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 12:41 AM   #75
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Oh man it's been a busy few days...

So, after a couple phone calls, I have what could be an inside lead on headers. Can't say much more than that at the moment, but some promising news. With that, I sent the Hooker headers back. I figured if the inside lead doesn't pan out, I'll go custom. May still trim that driver side trans ear b/c is does stick way out there!

I also got the setup bars made. They aren't hard, but are a good thing to have and use. So good, that Rob now includes a set with every chassis they ship (so I hear). Regardless, a 6' 1x1 bar and some time and BAM! - setup bars.

The bars are based off coilover length from when I had the truck sitting at my desired stance. The longer bars are for the rear, and in reality the coilover will be 1" shorter when I go for final setup, but that difference is in the axle mount holes. I had the coilover "over extended" when setting ride height because there is not much weight and even with the light 200 lb/in springs they didn't compress much. So I shifted the coilover down one hole to get the ride height. To keep it simple I just made the setup bar for that length. The fronts (short ones) are spot on for length so that will come down to setting the preload to keep that coilover length.

For those not familiar with setup bars - setup bars put the suspension at ride height and keep it there. Lots of adjustments are made at ride height, with driveline angles being the most known. But pan hard bar, 4 bar setup and roll (sway) bar link length are a few other things done with the suspension at ride height. Fortunately, Rob at No Limit gets the setup pretty close when he ships. But still up to the builder to do the final setup. I will, however, rely on a shop with the right equipment to do the front axle toe, camber and caster final adjustments.

Oh --- also got the lines for the power steering made.
Attached Images

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote