View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #46
parb

Re: ParB's 72 Orange Jimmy

I'm more a "let's get everything I need at once" than buying over an extended time.

Most of the items I ordered from GMC Paul's.

Last year when I started out,, I ordered some rubber from lmc and then I heard that GMC Paul's had better quality. I reordered the piece from GMC Paul and the quality's was significantly better so I ordered most parts from them.

I did order the door skin from lmc, that worked out well.

Vendors I didn't care for? Brothers took forever to ship after I ordered and they had crappy order updates. I wouldn't order from them again unless I had no other choice. Manes truck parts had poor order updates and no meaningful way of order tracking, their receipt was a paypal receipt and they would not even mail out an receipt. Strange behavior.

Lmc shipped by a wrong part, and it was really wrong (floor pan instead of door skin). I found that amusing.

A window trim from GMC Paul arrived and looked like it had been driven over by the delivery truck. I emailed them with cell phone pictures and they where quick to replace it right away. I liked that, good service. Found out that they actually source that part from Brothers trucks...

Loved LMC's brochure, disliked their website. GMC Paul's website is hard to navigate, and the cart doesn't survive a night of sleep.

Loved that GMC Paul emailed me and told me that the light harness isn't compatible with the under dash harness I had ordered. A few emails back and forth and they had that sorted out and modified the order for the right harness under the dash. Just great, personal service!

I sound like an ad for GMC Paul, I have zero relationship with them. I'm just a guy in California restoring a truck, doing it for the first time and have no prior experience with these vendors.
parb is offline   Reply With Quote