View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 12:39 AM   #8
Tellerbama

Re: Wannabe Wrencher from Colorado

Thanks, I appreciate it. I guarantee you I will have a ton of questions over the next few months while I learn figure this thing out. I'm going to start digging in here when I get off of work. How do you suggest I go about it without being annoying? I have a few issue I will need to solve right off the bat. Should I post my questions separately on the forum or start a build thread with multiple questions? I know I'm going to have questions regarding the gearbox, leak at the tranny/driveline, and exhaust manifold break.

Also, which shop/repair manual is a must have for my 72 c10? I'd like to get that on order asap. Please suggest any other reading material I'll need.

I haven't forgotten about pictures. I have been at work since I started the thread. I will get some more pics in the next few days.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Jered 1987, I'm not sure about the suspension. It appears to be stock with heated/cut coils for the lowering. The engine is the 350 and I was told it was bored and cammed but the guy had no idea what the previous owner did. It has a Holly carb and I haven't had time to look at which air intake is mounted but it looks nice. The tranny was a mystery but I looked up the number on the casing and it came up with a 4 speed saginaw. I just got the thing and headed off to work without inspecting the body too awfully much but it appears straight and I don't suspect tons of filler. I test drove the truck quickly during the daytime and i couldn't turn down the offer so I picked it up that night without being able to inspect everything real close. For 1800 bucks, I felt I couldn't go wrong with this project. The guy I bought it from really wanted to learn the ropes and fix it up himself but time got away from him and I think his wife wanted the thing out of the driveway

Last edited by Tellerbama; 12-02-2017 at 12:54 AM. Reason: forgot to reply to someone
Tellerbama is offline   Reply With Quote