Thread: 47-55.1 Lost and hidden AD
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #10
Russell Ashley

Re: Lost and hidden AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by weim55 View Post
If you're still interested in purchasing think about writing a letter expressing that and your contact with the owner years ago. even if they don't contact you I've learned people are likely to hang on to that letter and just maybe you might get a call years later. Not too long ago I purchased a '50 3600 that sat outside in plain view on a residential street for 35 years. I just happened to ask the owner on the right day, just got lucky on the timing. You never know ......

Steve weim55 Colorado
I didn't actually want to buy the truck back when I would chat with the old guy who owned it. I knew that he would never sell it, but I doubt that anyone would want it now. That shed is mostly covered by the trees in the summer so not a lot of sunshine gets to it to dry it out. It has a dirt floor and the roof probably leaks too. Since AD's are not exactly rust proof, I suspect that it is so rusty by now that it wouldn't be worth anything. I have heard that the family members get mad when anyone even asks about it and there is a "Keep Out" sign on the fence now, so I'm afraid that that truck is entombed in that shed until it falls or the truck gets hauled off to the scrap yard when the family dies out.

Brian, thank you for NOT saying that there was a 56 Corvette in that garage, I think that would make me loose sleep, LOL. It's bad enough that a 56 Hard top and that 66 Plymouth are wasting away like that.

Last edited by Russell Ashley; 01-13-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote