View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
izzy_Britton

Re: Radio and Gauge cluster will not turn off.. need help

the driverside door latch has all the switches and stuff built into it. i think you pretty much have three options in my opinion.

first and easiest would be to get yourself some WD40 and spray the ever loving $#!^ out of the latch mechanism and hope that there was some water in there causing a short, the WD40 is mostly fish oil so it should displace the water if there is any and leave it oiled rather than watery wet.

second if that doesnt solve the problem. take the door panel off the door and make sure that there are no shorts in the wires where they may have rubbed on the door or any sharp edges. make sure that the plugs in the door latch are securely seated and not loose. if there seems to be no issues INSIDE the door, then the other place to check is the other end of the door wire harness where it plugs into the junction box. if you dont know the junction box is located in the driver side door jam, there is a cover that covers the fuse panel and inside the same fuse panel hole is where 2 or 3 fat multi wire plugs plug in. dont quote me on this particular detail, but i THINK the plug for the driver side door is GREY. i am not inside my truck so i am not for certain, but while your there make sure all your fat multi wire connectors are also firmly and securely seated.

failing that, the only other option i can recommend is to replace the driver door latch mechanism, which contains all the necessary switches and stuff for the door.

I would imagine that if the switch is the main issue, you are getting a door ajar warning on the instrument cluster?

this is where i would start.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote