View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 06:02 PM   #3
HRD

Re: My headache for today

After reading you sleepindawg.
I went back down for further inspection of how they mounted the motor and transmission in.

The 1st picture shows the new motor mount plate that they used to mount the front of the 235 chevy motor since the 228 gmc motor would have been about 2 inches longer. It appears to be about 3/8 inches thick. I don't think it quit a 1/2 inch thick anyway.

Picture 2 does show what looks like 1/4 inch plate below the mount that appears to be a stock bell housing mount. (Thanks sleepindawg) 1 on both sides was used.

Picture 3 looks as best as I can tell to be nothing more then a couple of nuts slipped between the trans mount and the trans crossover brace.

All I can figure is the installer was trying to keep these mounting point about level or straight line.

NOW, should there be any reason why I shouldn't remove the flat bar under the bellhousing mounts and these nuts under the trans tail mount and bolt them back down to where they belong. I would think the front mount would flex somewhat if need be.

I also feel that doing this would give me the clearance for the new brake master connection rod at the bell housing mount.
Attached Images