Thread: Serious Black
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #25
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Serious Black

Nothing much going on right now with my project as I'm working 10 Hour days, at least for another week. I did score a real nice bed cover for my ride, it has an aluminum frame with the supports under the canvas cover, and that clamps to the bed rails, the snaps are attached to the frame only, no drilling.
I'll have to get some pics later on, and the best part- only paid $50.00 for the whole thing!!! Yeah!
I fabricated a Vacuum reservoir out of 2 - 4" schedule 40 PVC pipe caps and a small piece of pvc pipe, cemented them together. I sanded them smooth, and painted them bright aluminum. I drilled and tapped the upper end for tube fittings and installed a drain valve ( I doubt it was necessary) but I installed one anyway. Now, I just need to find a small vacuum gauge for the top. I am bending up lots of stainless tubing for fuel and for the brake booster vacuum lines ( the solid lifter cam I'm going to run isn't very well suited for vacuum assisted brakes) I suppose I could always do the hydroboost setup, but for now, the reservoir will fill the bill.....
Have a good one!
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote