Thread: Ls swap
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #14
verdell

Re: Ls swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76C10GJ View Post
Hello! I'm new to this forum... and what brought me here was a Google search for No Lift Motorsports after getting the run around from them.

I'm not one to bash a business or complain about things for no reason. I'm typically the guy that won't even send food back when it's prepared wrong at a restaurant, LOL! I do have a complaint though against No Lift Motosports in Topeka, KS. It took me 3 months to get my engine and another month to get my harness and peripheral items, and then another month to get the shipping refund that I was supposed to get for the all the delays. Communication was great with them at first, but then after money changed hands, it was harder to get in contact with them. Like one of the other members mentioned, everything came in filthy. The harness was not labeled and wasn't loomed or even electrical taped in the spots where it was modified. I also failed to mentioned that the engine I received was not what I ordered (mine had been shipped to someone else). Now granted, the engine I got had a little more work done to it (advanced cam swap vs basic), so I got a little more than I bargained for on that part, and as stated I was promised the shipping refund that would come from the shipping company (which I finally got sent to me via paypal on 3/12, and we still had some discrepancies on what the total was supposed to be based on what they originally told me). So they did try to make it right. I was offered a full refund 2 1/2 months in, but at that point it was not worth the time I had already wasted to crate everything back up and sent it back. Despite all of that, the lack of communication is inexcusable. Also the length of time it has taken... and I still have not actually received everything from them. I am still missing the plastic engine cover (not major but was promised to be included), and a simple receipt of the purchase to be emailed to me. Supposedly the cover was shipped UPS (with no tracking number) twice already, and the email was sent already... I haven't seen either.
What tops the cake though, is that after posting a review on there site, basically saying what I've stated here, then they decide to hit me up immediately. They also removed the review, by turning off the reviews all together, LOL!.. and it wasn't just my review, but also my buddies from Oklahoma and one of his friends as well. I can't say that the engine isn't put together well or anything like that (I haven't cranked mine yet). As for their professionalism of dealing with customers, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Final thoughts.. I started this process on 10/9/17... it is 3/14/18 and I still haven't gotten everything I was promised. You get what you pay for basically.

If you have anymore questions, hit me up.

I had considered doing business with them fall of last year but I could never get anyone to respond to basic questions about the engine, via phone or email. It didn't make sense to beg someone to take my money. That was a big red flag. I found a good, clean 5.3 locally tho. I'm glad now that I steered clear of them.
verdell is offline   Reply With Quote