View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #78
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoyz View Post
Any word on your Powder coating set up? Have you mapped out what part's you want to try it out on yet/ Lot of people do the Hood hinges's & Small Brkt's under Hood. I have seen some item's done up in the Chrome stuff that look Pretty good, From what i've read the Powder from eastwood's is the Best for the Chrome look if you decide to do it.............
Not 100% sure which parts I'll be powdercoating. Gonna start out with suspension parts, including taking a shot at the spindles you saw in an earlier post. I've got a fairly decent selection of powders to choose from now -- need to talk to the payroll department and see if they can start sending my paycheck directly to Eastwood.

The actual powdercoating kit was backordered when I placed my order, but I got notice yesterday or the day before that it has shipped. In the meantime, other packages have been showing up. For anyone not good at planning ahead, I really recommend the Eastwood frequent buyer's club or whatever they call it. $40 or so and you get one year of free standard shipping. I love it -- I've saved much more than that just on basic shipping costs, plus if I forget something or want to add something on, I don't have to cry over another crazy S&H charge. I could order 10 bottles of powder in 10 separate orders if I wanted and it wouldn't cost me a penny more than ordering them together.

But anyway, what I've got on hand now is two bottles of platinum (that I hope matches the CPP tubular A-arms and other components), a bottle of chrome, a bottle of low-temp clear to go with the chrome, and a bottle of high-temp clear. Coming with the kit will be three bottles of gloss black and a bottle of Chevy Orange (vermillion). Should be enough to get me started!

Don't hold your breath for pics but when I do get something accomplished you can bet I'll be showing off here.

In the meantime, Dad and I are going shopping tomorrow morning for electrical stuff for the garage. Having just one 220V outlet and only one regular 110V outlet (yes, only one!) is getting ridiculous. Probably fine back in 1919 when the garage went up but not now that I'm trying to get work done. Plan is to install a new 100A panel in the garage with room for at least a dozen circuits. (This crappy garage won't be there forever, but I want to use the panel in a new garage someday.)
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 08-17-2008 at 07:50 PM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote