View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #356
slowcpe

Re: '67 Stepper "Laymond"

Going to bring this back from the dead. Slowly getting things situated to get rockin n rolling on the old truck soon. Decided my daily was too plain looking so I added a leveling kit and new tires and wheels. Love how it turned out and satisfied for once. Done. Ran across a deal on suspension parts for the Teryx I couldn't pass up so I upgraded and went with a 30" tire and now it'll go just about anywhere. Done.

Also been making some decisions and coming up with a game plan to get the truck on the road next year. I've enlisted a few friends for football, beer and truck work come fall/winter. If it all goes well it should be an achievable goal.

In the start of this thread I listed my gameplan. Pretty much all that has gone out the window. I'll update it here:

Finish assembling my Porterbuilt Chassis
Mock up LQ4 and T56
Run necessary lines for fuel and air
Wilwood 13" front brakes and D154s out back with Wilwood manual booster
Accuair air management with my Viair comp. (have an air tank but leaning toward the VT tank)
Tear apart to for powder coating
Install my 243 heads and swap cam to a BTR Stage 3 or 4 cam (have all valvetrain upgrades)
Leaning towards the Holley FI to simulate a carb setup (main goal for LS Fest)
Install 4.11s and posi in stock 12-bolt (save narrowing for a later date with the possibility of a 9")
Install new floor and rockers on my cab
Put all back together the way the truck looked in the first few pages
Drive it and enjoy it while I save more time and money for the next round of mods.

I put this here to see if/how I stick to this plan and hopefully hold myself accountable to hit my next year goal.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote