View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Bears63
...just another truck junkie..

Keepin' her stock - '63 C20 build

I bought this truck in October of 2008. In that time I have had life throw a lot at me and really have not had a chance to do much with it. That is changing this year, and as I progress on it I will update this thread. Just thought many of you would like to see it come along.

This truck was a barn find. I bought it for $500 from the guy that drug it out of the barn where it sat for around 20 years. The guy who had it in the barn was the second owner and one of his relatives (his father I assume) bought the truck brand new from Loel Lust Chevrolet in Aberdeen, SD. That dealership is now Stephen Lust and is still in the same location. While the truck is in pretty fair shape, it is also filthy, very filthy. This C20 has a 292 and 4 speed. Out back it is sporting a dealer installed No-Spin differential. It also has the transmission brake as opposed to the normal light truck emergency brake. This truck is a longbed stepside.

The original plan was to clean up the truck and get it running. However, after getting my '71 C10 as a daily driver I decided to strip the C20 and go through everything. This will be a body off build. The plan now is to keep the truck as stock as possible. I want this truck as a short trip hauler, just like it started life. So far all I have done is gut the cab, removed the sideboards, and bought a tailgate. I will be starting on the back end first and moving my way to the front after that.

Here are some pics and over time many more will follow.